20 January 2011

QLD Flood Appeal Auction - Item #1

Welcome to designed to a T and in conjuction with the wonderful Toni at 'Make it Perfect', my blog and many many others are participating in a series of blog auctions and raffles to support the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal.

You'll find the master list of participating blogs here.
I have a big connection with QLD, as my regular readers would know, having grown up in Bundaberg and my 2 sons still living in the 'sunshine state'. My eldest son Brendon, lives at Bulimba, an area that had some flooding. I felt compelled to do something to help, as I couldn't be in QLD to help my son, who luckily was only affected in a minor way compared to others.
Auction Item #1 - Framed photographic print by Brendon Grove
My first Auction item is one of Brendon's photographic prints. This was taken in Amsterdam on his first overseas trip back in 2003. I spoke to Brendon about putting it up as my first Auction item and he was happy to have a piece of his art used for such a worthy cause. He's seen how so many people have lost much much more than he did over the past week.
{Original photograph by Brendon Grove - copyright
Please do not use without permission of Brendon Grove}

How this auction works: 
1.  Bidding will start at $30 (Australian).
2.  You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address.  Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.  Bid comments only, no general comments here please.
3.  Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.
4.  This auction is open to everyone.  Postage is FREE for Australian residents, International buyers will need to pay $20 to cover some postage costs.
5.  The auction begins NOW and will END at midnight on Monday 24th January 2011.
6.  At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address).  The winner will pay the winning bid amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send proof of payment via email to designed.to.a.t@optusnet.com.au.  Once proof of payment has been received, I will post your print to you.
8.  Thankyou for participating and happy bidding!

4 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by. I value all comments. Hints & tips too, if you are happy to divulge them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...