25 July 2011

A little colour in her life...

A friend of mine (and co-worker) got married this May, back in Queensland. I haven't seen her for years, but we keep in touch through work email. So it was a lovely surprise for me to receive an email asking to help her and her new husband with a project of theirs.

They are building a new house! I so envy them, in some respects. Definitely not for the headaches of building, but for the opportunity to have a blank canvas.

Some colours for the palette had already been chosen with the help of a Dulux consultant, and she was asking me if I had anyway of 'projecting' them into a visual for hubby. You see, he was having a bit of trouble 'seeing' what it would look like, and they needed to make a decision on the roof colour.

I was so happy to help as it meant I could dig out all my colour samples and rendering materials from when I studied Colour Styling. These have been put aside for a little while until my banking career starts to wind down or I take a career break, maybe!

Below is what we came up with from the chosen palette. The home is in an area with surrounding bush of green/blue grey hues, depending on the time of day and weather. So what they had selected should fit in to their bushland setting. AND hubby has always wanted a blue house!

The palettes look very very similar with a few subtle differences, but the body of the house is the same colour - Loveday from Dulux.

Version 1 above: House - Loveday, Roof – Shale Grey, Guttering and Fascia – Deep Ocean, Gables and Batons – Dark Door, Eaves,  Balustrade and Railings – Half Lexicon, Doors and Window Frames – Cedar (not represented here)

Version 2 above: House - Loveday, Roof – Dune, Guttering and Fascia – Ironstone, Gables and Balustrade – Ironstone, Railings and Veranda Posts - Dune, Eaves – Half Lexicon, Doors and Window Frames – Cedar (tried to represent the front door in Cedar here for them)

Dulux and Colorbond colours have been used.

I'm now just waiting to hear what they chose.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...